Friday, October 26, 2007

Just fine!

Above: The three faces of Mary. A shot from her new video "Just Fine."

One of my all-time favorite singers, Mary J. Blige, is coming out with a new album on November 27th. I have been listening to Mary since she came out in 1992. Every one of her albums has mirrored where I am in life at that particular moment, it's actually kind of freaky. She had really sad and depressing albums early in her career, then she moved into ‘move out of my way,” ‘no more drama’ mode, then she graduated to a celebration of love in her life and now everything is "just fine" for Mary and me:-) Mary's new single is called, "Just Fine" and it's perfect. The video and single are available on iTunes. Mary you are a true inspiration and your life and career have helped me in so many ways...


Just Fine

Let it go…
Can’t let this thing called love get away from you
Feel free right now, going do what you want to do
Can’t let nobody take it away, from you, from me, from we
No time for moping around, are you kidding?
And no time for negative vibes, cause I’m winning
It’s been a long week, I put in my hardest
Gonna live my life, feels so good to get it right


So I like what I see when I’m looking at me
When I’m walking past the mirror

No stress through the night, at a time in my life
Ain’t worried about if you feel it
Got my head on straight, I got my mind just right
I aint gonna let you kill it
You see I wouldn’t change my life, my life’s just...

Fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
Just fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, ooooh
You see I wouldn’t change my life, my life’s just fine!


No comments: