Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Barack Obama


This is the first time that I have been fully engaged with a presidential election. Maybe it’s because this country is in the shitter, maybe because George W. Bush is an asshole, maybe it’s because I want a better future for Zach. I think all of those play a part in my interest and excitement about this coming election but the biggest thing for me is Barack Obama. Barack Obama is a true inspiration for anyone, at least he should be. He’s a REAL person a person that doesn’t come from a family with money, he didn’t grow up in a fancy home and he knows what it’s like to go through hard times and if you haven’t noticed his an African American male. He also only owns one car opposed to McCain owning 13 cars!!! I'll say it again, like Biden, 13 cars!


Just think how much drive and determination Barack Obama had throughout his life to dream of becoming the President of the Untied States. All the people telling him he was a fool to even dream that he could be the President of the United States. Think of the risk Barack is taking at running for President - he's an African American male putting his life on the line and his families lives to run for President

I have never even come close to saying I can relate to a President, what in the world would I have in common with a President. If Barack Obama does become our next President, I will be able to say that I can relate to the President. I have been and still am discriminated against for being a gay male, I have gone through hard times, I grew up in a low income family and I will never stop pushing myself and reaching for what I want to achieve in life. For those of you who know me – you know how much I have overcome and how far I have come – but I am not done.
This coming year I have a huge project I am going to undertake and I am determined to finish it no matter what it takes.



Even if Obama doesn’t become President, which he better, he has been a huge inspiration in pushing me to motivate myself to achieve my goals. For those of you who are in a rut, think your life sucks, are feeling like you can never do what you dream blah blah blah….look at Barack Obama – look at all he had to overcome to be where he is at today. I have said this before and I’ll say it again “For Christ’s Sake – get off your ass and live your life!”If Barack Obama does not inspire you for all he has achieved with the odds stacked against him, then you're not human.



Also, remember this - John McCain doesn't know how to send an email, he is incapable of doing that. Is this someone that will change our country and look ahead to the future? No. Nuff said.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obama makes Americans believe in a dream again. Obama made it clear in the last debate when he said that in the 50s/60s, people thought we would never make it to the moon and 10 years later, we did. He inspires Americans to do this again!

Through both Barack and Michelle Obama's life stories and their ability to tell them in captivating ways, ideas of American grandeur are revived. The Obamas have reinstated an important and vital factor of this nation, and that is its ability to succeed through the ideology of the American Dream.

The ideology behind the American Dream not only brings in great talent from around the world, but fuels American citizens to work hard because success is truly within everyone's grasp. When people succeed both as American and Global Citizens, we can once again captivate the world like we once did years and years ago.

Anonymous said...

Obama makes Americans believe in a dream again. Obama made it clear in the last debate when he said that in the 50s/60s, people thought we would never make it to the moon and 10 years later, we did. He inspires Americans to do this again!

Through both Barack and Michelle Obama's life stories and their ability to tell them in captivating ways, ideas of American grandeur are revived. The Obamas have reinstated an important and vital factor of this nation, and that is its ability to succeed through the ideology of the American Dream.

The ideology behind the American Dream not only brings in great talent from around the world, but fuels American citizens to work hard because success is truly within everyone's grasp. When people succeed both as American and Global Citizens, we can once again captivate the world like we once did years and years ago.

Anonymous said...

I am American by birth and have been living in Australia for the past eight years, with dual citizenship. I have not been back to the US since 2001, just after 9/11 (my tickets were already booked)!

From afar, The United States looks like its crumbling. It is not what it used to be and it does not stand for the ideals it once stood for. As a gay man myself, I wonder if it ever did. Where did we go wrong as a nation? I can't even answer that.

Lately, I've been looking through some older American literature - "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill - namely, and you can feel it there: the hope, the promise of America. This was a book from the era of the Great Depression!

How many more idiot presidents is it going to take to bring America down? On the other hand, how much blame can we assign to one person before we accept some of it ourselves?