Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Greek Theatre


I was a little sick this past week, just a cold and cough but enough to slow me down, and Paul had bought tickets a while back to go see the Goo Goo Dolls and Lifehouse in Berkeley CA. I was worried I was not going to be able to go but we went this past Friday even though I still was not feeling that well. The weather was so perfect as we walked through the Cal campus; it was rather warm for what we are used to now in SF.



Paul is a big Goo Goo Dolls and I like them as well and we both enjoy Lifehouse and this was going to be the first concert we have been to since living out in CA. The bands played at this place called The Greek Theatre, really cool place looked like a Greek Coliseum. There were no seats just slabs of concrete to sit on so it was not overly comfortable but it was very cool to lounge out like we did.

The opening act for he groups was a young girl named Colbie Caillat. She sounds just like Natasha Beddingfield and she is going to have a hit single for sure. Her first single is called “Bubbly” and it’s already on the top 100 on iTunes. She has a nice voice but no stage presence at all. I’d gave her an overall 2 stars out of 5.

After Callat performed, Lifehouse took the stage. I thought Paul was going to rush the stage when he saw the lead singer, a cute spiky hair blond guy. Very good looking lead singer. Lifehouse was really good, they played a bunch of songs, but the four biggest hits of theirs were my fave, “Hanging by a Moment,” “Spin,” “You and Me” and their new single “The First Time.” They sounded great and had high energy. 4 out of 5 stars

Above: Lifehouse takes the stage.

Now, while we were watching the show we met two really nice ladies, Suzette and Jamie. They were hilarious and we had a great time with them. They are huge Goo Goo Dolls fans and they had binoculars that we all shared.

Above: Me, Paul, Suzette and Jamie enjoy a few laughs at the concert.

As the night rolled in, the weather was so perfect it was like 65 degrees no wind and a clear sky. Perfect night for an outdoor concert. The Goo Goo Dolls came on and the crowd went wild. The crowd was mostly young college students, rich college students, and they were all drinking and having a blast. It was fun watching the young kids just be carefree and have fun. I almost wanted to tell them enjoy it as much as you can!

Above: A fun bunch of kids enjoying the concert!

The Goo Goo Dolls were pretty good; they sang all their hits like, “Name,” “Black Balloon,” “Slide” and “Better Days.” But when it came time to sing their biggest hit “Iris” they had the crowd sing almost the entire song. I was a little upset about that. I really wanted o hear them sing it not a crowd. All in all it was great but I’d give the Goo Goo Dolls 3 out of 5 stars.

Above: Goo Goo Dolls have a great lightshow on stage.

As we were leaving the show a bit early to try to beat the crowd, I asked Paul if he had everything and sure enough Paul had forgotten his Blackberry, so he ran back to see if he could find it. Luckily, he found it, those things are pricey. So we hoped in a cab to the train station and as we were getting out of the cab I asked Paul again if he had everything, guess what…yup...his blackberry fell out of his coat and was left in the cab. Paul had to chase down the cab to get his blackberry back. Now, I am smiling while all this is going on because I get scolded a lot for forgetting things here and there but this took the cake. Losing your phone twice all in the matter of 10 minutes. Priceless! Sorry Paul, I had to write about this, it was funny as shit!

Above: Is that Paul looking for his Blackberry?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard the lead singer of Lifehouse tends to lose his phone too... so I guess we have that in common.

Anonymous said...

"Oh, Paul!"