Thursday, June 12, 2008

Strike a Pose

Above: Team, Strike a Pose! Me, Paul, Ryan and Will get ready to bowl!

With softball coming to an end (the Pups are currently in 3rd place) it's time to find some other social event since I am such a social butterfly! :-P So, we decided to join the San Francisco bowling team. Paul and I were on a bowling league in Boston for two years with our friends Charlie and Jack - our team name was The Wire Hangers! I wonder where THAT name came from??! Our team this year is Paul, Ryan, Will and I and we all submitted a name for our team. The four submissions were Hard Candy, The Best Blowers; Strike a Pose and 10 the Hard Way. We all wrote our picks on pieces of paper and Zach was with us the first night of bowling and he picked the winning team name - Ryan's choice, Strike a Pose won!

Above: Look at that form! Go Ryan!

Above: Paul, Will, Ryan and Richard hanging out at the lanes.


It was our second week of bowling yesterday and it really is a blast. There are a total of 30 teams in the league and it's really a great place to meet new people. I recruited our friend and fellow Pups player Richard to join the league as well. I am not the best bowler, but I am doing much better than I was in Boston. My average was a low 70 and so far I have been bowling a consistent average of 100. So I am pleased. Paul various from a 120 to a 160 depending on the day.

Above: Paul about to bowl a strike.

Above: Zach enjoys a cupcake while watching the bowling.

Strike a Pose 2008

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

STRIKE A POSE! GO TEAM!

What a fabulous team we are! Not a winning team...yet...but still a fabulous team!

Menky said...

I am not going to make this Wednesday at bowling - I have to practice for my big debut this Saturday! :-P