Saturday, March 1, 2008

Happy Birthday to me...continued...

Above: Zach and me blowing out the candles.

So my birthday was filled with wonderful things. I was in LA for half of my birthday. I went to a UCLA event in LA; they were honoring Joan Crawford so I HAD to go to that. I met many people that personally knew Joan and many historians. It was a great time and I met some new Joan friends that are truly amazing people. I was taken out to breakfast on my birthday in LA at this amazing place called Musso and Franks Grill. It's the oldest restaurant in LA, it was established in 1919 and it pretty much STILL looks like it did in 1919. Everything was amazing, Joan used to frequent this restaurant a lot. The food was out of this world I highly recommend this place. Then I was given several Joan photos as well for my birthday that will make a great addition to my every growing collection.


Above: In LA at the Joan Crawford Tribute, author Charlotte Chandler,
Academy Award Winning actor, Cliff Robertson and me!

Above: That's Cliff Robertson in 1956 with Joan Crawford in the film "Autumn Leaves."



Above/Below: Inside Musso & Franks Grill


When I got back home to SF, Paul had planned a nice dinner somewhere but before we left Paul had a gift for me. A new iPhone!! I am thrilled - the only problem is I am trying to hook it up and I am having problems. Sigh. I don't think I'll be able o keep my old number that I have had for over six years! Eh, it's time for a new number anyway. So after that Paul wouldn't tell me where we were going, it was a surprise. The place we arrived at was called Asia SF and I had never heard of it. As we entered a very attractive woman seated us but I thought something was off about her and I looked at Paul and said she seems "different" but Paul shrugged it off. So we were seated at the best two seats in the house. The place was really cool looking with trendy lights and hip bar tenders, our table was right at the bar.

Above: The Bar at Asia SF.

Above: Yes, that is a man!

AS the night went t on I noticed all the "women" walking around the bar were very hoochie mama looking. Then I got a closer look and realized all these hoochie women were not women at all they were men, transvestites. I started laughing and finally realized what the restaurant was. After we ordered our food the "women" started doing there little shows on the stage in front of us and it was highly entertaining as you can see from the pictures below. The place was packed with all walks of life; even people from Paul’s company were there. It was a great time and the food was amazing. Paul was flirting with the bartender Ben, so I think that’s how we got free drinks or it could have been the fact that they kept announcing my birthday along with several other birthday babies at the restaurant. We ended up getting about 4 drinks for free, each!

Above: Yummy drinks and amazing desserts!

Above: TINA!

Above: Ben the bartender.

The next day after work I picked up a cake because I promised Zach we would have a mini party and cake and he wanted to blow out my candles. So I got a yummy cake and we blew out the candles together. Zach got me two gifts, one was an amazing card he made at school that I will keep forever, it's so sweet it brought tears to my eyes AND he bought me a figure of "the Crazy Cat Lady" from the television show, The Simpson’s! I love it. There are many crazy cat ladies in the world, that’s why I love the character on the show so much. She yells at people and throws cats at them! It's hilarious. I think the real life crazy cat lady was bit by a cat on her legs/feet and couldn't walk for a while and was wheelchair bound. Seriously that's a true story, how hilarious is that? I swear it's not made up; I couldn’t make something as ridiculous like that up! HA HA! Cuckoo!



I also got gifts at work, thanks Mags! Many cards from family and friends. Thanks Nic and thanks Ruthie for the card and gift!



No comments: