Friday, December 14, 2007

Employee of the Year...

..well almost! I work for a really great agency, the people are amazing, the Partners are in tune with their employees, and it’s the best place I have ever worked. Every month they honor a person with an "Employee of the Month" award. This started in January and it has been great to see many of my co-workers win the award. The agency decided to give someone the title of Employee of the year for 2007! All of the employees would vote, which is roughly 140 people, on who they thing should be employee of the year. I voted for the person I work with on a day-to-0day basis, someone that I admire and respect and that's my work partner, Ryan. Not only is he an amazing worker but also we work amazingly well together.



So today the award was being announced for Employee of the Year. Before the award was given they announced 22 people who received more than TWO votes from their peers. I was not on that list but many of my friends were and I was happy for them. Then they announced that there were three people that received many votes under the winner. They announced that these three people were runner-ups to the "Employee of the Year" and that they would be given a prize for being "runner-ups." I was honored to be one of those runner-ups. It's always so embarrassing when your in a room with all of your co-workers (140 people) and they call your name - there's always a rush that comes to my face and I can feel by face burning and get flush. It was a great feeling to get recognized by your co-workers, it truly was an honor to be runner-up t the winner. The winner was my partner in crime, Ryan. He deserved it but it was great that we were both awarded for a great year! :-)

This was my first full year at my agency and I am flattered and proud that I was runner-up - next year Ryan, the award is mine!! :-P

Above: My partner in crime at work, Ryan.

4 comments:

Patrick Lentz Photography said...

Well, consider it practice for when you win your Oscar !

Anonymous said...

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you so deserve it!