Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Happy Birthday Patrick!!!

Above: Patrick and me this past July in Boston.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PATRICK!!!

I met Patrick in 2004. I turned 30 years old and I really was so happy to be out of my 20s and I was the happiest I had ever been at that point in my life. I wanted to capture everything I had overcome and evolved into through photography. My goal was to do a photo shoot and capture where I was in my life at 30 years old. I searched the Internet for a decent photographer and talked with Patrick online for months before I final comment to doing a photo shoot with him. I was excited yet nervous but when I met Patrick I felt totally relaxed. Patrick I knew right from meeting him that he not only special but someone that I was going to be friends with. We bonded right away and shared many stories about our lives and experiences. The photo shoot went great and the pictures were phenomenal. They captured exactly what I wanted; myself at a special point in my life and I will always have that memory.

Above: The good ole days! Feb 2005 with (left) Patrick, Mark, Jon and Me.

After getting to know Patrick a little bit that day, I realized how much I waned this person not only in my life but I wanted other people to see this incredible person for who he is and how big his heart is. I had started a game night around this time and invited Patrick to come, he was very hesitant and weary about coming to a small gathering of people he didn't know. I really didn’t think he was going to show up but he did. I can proudly say that meeting Patrick not only changed my life but it changed his. It opened him up to a new group of friends, decent people who got to know Patrick and formed a bond with him like I did.

Above: DIVA!

It's really interesting how doing something so small as inviting someone over to play board games can change their life. Patrick is the person I miss the most from Boston. My next challenge is getting him out to San Francisco for a visit.

I hope you have a great birthday!!!!

Love Your Friend,
Neil

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is an amazing and generous man!

Belated Happy Birthday Patrick!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I definitely miss his witty comments during True Colors!