Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Off to Kindergarten!


Apologizes for those of you following my blog, it's been try of anything insightful. I am going to try to post more posts!

Hard to believe but Zachary is off to Kindergarten! It's truly amazing that I have seen this little guy grow up from a tiny baby with a pacifier in his mouth to a beautiful young boy with a smile that melts my heart. On September 3rd, I will watch Zach enter the word of education and be introduced to a new world of learning. I know I will be emotional, I am an emotional person to begin with, but I love milestones in people's lives. I love seeing people grow, thrive, learn and accomplish things in life and this is one of the many milestones that I will hopefully witness in Zach's life.



I want to see him move into his teen years when he graduates from 8th grade - when he turns into a man and graduates high-school - as he enters adulthood graduating college and when he gets married and has his own children. I want to be there for that. I want to watch him be the best student, the best son, the best friend, the best worker, the best husband and the best father. Ok, let's get back to Kindergarten now:-) I don't want to rush his life away.

It has been interesting watching Zach grow at the pre-school he has been at -his teachers have been amazing and he has made some close friends that won't be moving on with him into Kindergarten, but we will be sure to keep in touch with the great friends he has made. I loved Kindergarten and my early grades in elementary school. I lost touch with the close friends I made during those years - but thanks to Facebook - I reconnected with most of them - which has been interesting for sure. It's been amazing to see those "kids" I grew up and hoe their lives turned out.



Stay tuned for the next chapter in all of ours lives as Zach enters the world of education. I am looking forward to all the homework, school events and the new friends Zach will make along the way.





No comments: